Clinical Pyschologist / Neuropsychologist
2 days left
- Job Type
Clinical Psychologist /Neuropsychologist in Neurovascular Rehabilitation
We are currently looking for an experienced, compassionate and enthusiastic HCPC registered Clinical Psychologist/Neuropsychologist, with a real passion and interest in working with patients with neurovascular conditions to join our team.
This is a very exciting time to join us at #TeamUHDB to become part of a growing Neuropsychology Department, working to transform our Specialist Neurorehabilitation services, which are highly considered by our external partners, and have received significant recognition.
Over and above neurovascular experience, you will be expected to have experience of multidisciplinary working, preferably in a neurological rehabilitation setting, and experience carrying out clinical work with both in-patients and outpatients.
You will provide specialist and comprehensive neuropsychological assessment to adults, as well as interpretation/analysis and integration of highly complex psychological and non-psychological information from a variety of sources, to complement assessments done by other clinicians and therapists. You will provide psychological treatment and adjustment work to patients, with a particular focus on vocational return in those of working age.
You will also receive professional support and supervision from a Consultant Clinical Neuropsychologist.
The vacancy has arisen due to our previous post-holder taking up a consultant grade post elsewhere, having trained and qualified as a Clinical Neuropsychologist within this post, as did her predecessor. The role is a proven ideal stepping stone for a psychologist with some post D.Clin.Psych experience, now looking to now move into a focused Band 8a role, whilst also intending to start the QICN process, or for somebody already on that pathway.
We are intent on staff development, will work with you to support and nurture you to spread your professional wings. All local QICN candidates receive group and individual supervision, and 3 have recently qualified, whilst another has well on their way to doing so.
Key Requirements of the role:
- Post Graduate doctoral level (or equivalent) training in Clinical Psychology as accredited by BPS
- HCPC Registered
- Experience of working as a qualified Clinical Psychologist/Neuropsychologist
If you feel you have got what it takes to take on this challenge and would like to be part of #TeamUHDB we would welcome your application.
In terms of location, Derby and Burton offer the best of both worlds – city life on the doorstep of a stunning rural environment. We border the National Forest and we are in easy reach of the Peak District, offering outstanding natural beauty. Centrally located, we have excellent transport links to the rest of the country including major cities.
In return we will offer:
- Development opportunities, including both professional and leadership development, together with an opportunity to work across some or all of our 5 sites depending on specialty
- Support through every step of the way from recruitment to when you join our team and beyond
- Friendly, supportive and caring colleagues
- A variety of other staff benefits including employee assistance programme, discounted gym membership, onsite fitness classes, car schemes
Key facts about our Trust:
- Every day our hospitals see more than 4,000 outpatients
- We see more Trauma & Orthopaedic outpatients than any other Trust – over 3,300 per week
- An average 860 patients are seen in A&E every day – the 6th largest in the country
- Our hospitals admit more than 220 emergency patients every day
- We carry out more planned surgical operations than any other Trust in England with almost 50,000 operations taking place in our 52 operating theatres
- We are one of only 5 Trusts nationally with more than 50 operating theatres
- We carry out more than 300 elective procedures each working day
- We employ 12,000 staff across our 5 hospital sites
- We have a Director of Allied Health Professionals who is committed to provide leadership, progression and direction to AHPs
Closing date of applications: 28 October 2020
Interview date: 11 November 2020