Interim Operations Manager - Pathology
A large NHS organisation is seeking to appoint an Interim Operations Manager for Pathology Services for a 3 month period in the first instance.
This is a key role with the organization and experience in a senior operational management role within the Pathology services and the NHS is essential
This role will be remunerated under the NHSI Agency Caps at Band 8b.
- Lead the daily operations and development of the pathology business unit with responsibility for business planning, budget management and the management of administrative staff.
- Responsible for the management and delivery of activity, finance, staff performance, staff development and local and national quality KPI’s and targets.
- Responsibility for and along with the other professional managers and pathology clinical leads to provide the overall leadership to the business unit.
- Establish and maintain effective operational links with all relevant services for example procurement for external contract management and SLA’s
- Provide direct operational leadership of the Pathology service. The post holder will be responsible to, and support the Divisional Management Team in the achievement of operational and clinical governance objectives.
- Support the professional leads to ensure that the highest standards of clinical care are continuously delivered.
- Lead Pathology projects and quality improvement schemes
- Plan and manage the implementation of projects to improve access, activity and demand, resources etc.
- Masters degree in a health/business related subject or working to attain one, or equivalent experience
- Proven track record of managerial experience preferably in the NHS
- Experience of service redesign & development
- Proven track record of effective management of budgets, waiting list information analysis & delivering key operational targets
- Experience of project management
If you are interested in this post, please send a copy of your updated CV to Toni Coates on email@example.com
Apply for Interim Operations Manager - Pathology
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly