Interim Head of Operations
A large NHS organisation is seeking to appoint an Interim Head of Operations for Acute Medicine focussed on Critical Care, Cardiology and Respiratory
This is a key role with the organization and experience in a similar senior operational management role within Acute Medicine and the NHS is essential
This role will be remunerated under the NHSI Agency Caps at Band 8d.
- Accountable for the operational performance and strategic development of the Division
- Responsibility for the delivery of high quality patient care, clinical governance, patient safety, clinical quality, and delivery of Cost Improvement Programmes (CIPs).
- Lead on the development of challenging and ambitious service development strategies, anticipating future needs for the Division/Services
- Challenge existing practices, ensuring that progressive solutions, which take into account models of best practice, are incorporated into service plans.
- Work with external healthcare provider partners to ensure that delivery plans support the wider healthcare agenda including improvements in equality and access
- Support Clinicians to deliver service re-design projects that deliver improved clinical outcomes for patients, reduced waiting times and more efficient use of resources
- Lead Trust-wide initiatives and projects as required
- Drive through the delivery of ambitious targets to continually improve performance
- Develop and implement effective reporting arrangements within the Management team to accurately record and monitor performance against local and national targets and to pro-actively manage any variances
- First degree or equivalent
- Evidence of other specialist knowledge at higher degree or masters level
- Significant experience within the Healthcare sector at senior manager level
- Extensive knowledge of the NHS in the acute sector with up to date knowledge of medical/surgical services
- Experience of leading and delivering significant programmes of change within an NHS setting including responsibility for strategic planning and budgetary control for group of complex medical/surgical specialities
If you are interested in this post, please send a copy of your updated CV to Toni Coates on firstname.lastname@example.org