Interim Senior Operational Lead - ED and Patient Flow
We are supporting an NHS organisation to appoint an Interim Senior Operational Lead for ED and Patient Flow.
This role will start ASAP and will be at Band 8d/Band 9 Interim NHSI Agency Cap rates.
A strong track record within ED, Urgent Care and/or Patient Flow at a similar level within the NHS or wider healthcare footprint is essential.
- Be responsible for the operational management and performance across ED, Urgent Care and Patient Flow;
- Work closely with internal teams to devise systems proactively to manage service demands and ensure these are fully implemented;
- To set the vision and determine the objectives of the Division, monitor performance against these and take corrective action on poor performance;
- To lead, manage and develop a culture and environment where safe and high quality patient care is consistently delivered across the Division;
- To lead in the planning of service developments which most appropriately meet the needs of patients and achieve the maximum service return on the resources invested;
- In conjunction with others, agree capacity and efficiency plans and be responsible for delivering agreed activity levels to enhance performance;
- Be responsible for leading the development and implementation of improved and innovative capacity planning, including bed management arrangements to enable more flexible use of clinical capacity;
- To lead the preparation of annual cost improvement programmes across the Division and be responsible and accountable for the delivery of savings and to support processes which improve financial information and budgetary control;
- To agree activity levels and produce capacity plans for the Division which achieve delivery of key targets;
- To monitor the performance of the Division against agreed objectives including the analysis of complex data and be responsible for taking corrective action when performance is not in accordance with performance plans.
Key Skills and Experience:
- Master’s Degree or equivalent;
- Significant previous senior managerial experience in a large and complex organization preferably within the NHS;
- Experience of service redesign and development;
- Significant experience of effective management of budget and leadership of staff;
- A proven record of success in managing significant operational change while also developing and maintaining high standards of quality;
- Evidence of effectively managing change;
- Proven success in business planning and in the development and effective implementation of complex strategic plans;
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to liaise and negotiate effectively at a senior level;
- Political astuteness, understanding what can and cannot be delivered at senior level;
- A proven ability to obtain and consistently achieve results and targets;
- Highly developed leadership skills with the ability to motivate, challenge and engage individuals and teams.
If you are interested in the role, please email including a copy of your updated CV and salary expectation to Toni Coates firstname.lastname@example.org