Infection, Prevention and Control Nurse Specialist
A leading NHS organisation is looking to appoint an experienced Senior Nurse with experience in Infection, Prevention and Control policies and procedures within the healthcare environment.
- Provide direct input into all aspects of Infection Prevention and Control (IPC) and decontamination across the organisation;
- Lead on operational issues relating to decontamination of reusable medical devices/equipment;
- Lead on the monitoring, maintenance and upgrade of the patient/client environment in the absence of the Lead Infection Prevention & Control Nurse, working with other members of the multi-disciplinary team to discharge this requirement, including Heads of Nursing, Estates colleagues and Facilities staff;
- Have line-management and professional responsibility for the IPC Team, ensuring the IPC agenda for the organisation is embedded in the day-to-day work of staff groups;
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with Public Health, Microbiologist and other staff to ensure the delivery of excellent standards of IPC throughout the organisation;
- Undertake investigations of clinical incidents, complaints and professional issues relating to infection prevention and control/decontamination following the Organisations policies and national guidance documents (e.g. WHTMs/ HTMs/ HBNs) and acting upon findings/ recommendations;
- Work closely with Occupational Health and Wellbeing regarding employee health and wellbeing, e.g. PPE/sharps injuries;
- Help mobilise the response and action plan around COVID 19 with members of the IPC Team and wider non-medical and medical teams.
- Registered Nurse with current Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) registration and significant post registration experience in IPC;
- Possess specialised and in-depth professional knowledge of service planning and delivery in respect of IPC and decontamination across healthcare sectors;
- Clear understanding and specialist knowledge of Infection Prevention and Control.
Apply for Infection, Prevention and Control Nurse Specialist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly