Head of Clinical Standards
A large Healthcare organisation is looking to appoint a Head of Clinical Standards on an interim basis for 3 months in the North West.
- Lead on a broad range of quality activities in liaison with other key professionals both within and external to the organisation;
- Support the co-ordination, implementation and continuous improvement of a clinical standards function;
- The post holder will be responsible for leading on and coordinating clinical standards matters, strategies and plans across the organisation;
- Develop appropriate systems, processes and relationships to ensure high quality, safe and effective services are operational and effective, to ensure that their specific elements of the quality governance work programme/Quality Improvement Plan are delivered;
- Contribute to the strategy, work plans and reviews of the quality governance team, to ensure its effectiveness and fitness for purpose;
- responsible for the assessment, analysis and interpretation of national policy, dealing with complex information and facts and relevant research literature, tailoring these to fit with the local requirements;
- Ensure that these services operate as effective business partners to the Care Groups and Corporate Teams at strategic and operational levels, providing alongside and practical support, training and development, as required;
- Deal directly with highly sensitive, confidential, contentious, hostile and emotive situations involving patients, families and their advocates and colleagues;
- Engage constructively with internal and external stakeholders on a range of contentious issues.
- Leadership role at senior level in a large complex setting within the NHS;
- Significant experience of leading large and/or diverse teams in a complex environment/multi-professional staff groups;
- Extensive experience of leading the delivery of the clinical standards, effectiveness, governance and quality agenda;
- Management processes and quality improvement initiatives;
- Experience of communicating effectively at a senior level, with the multi-disciplinary team as well as the wider organisation;
- Significant experience of supporting the development of a local strategy for clinical governance related matters;
- Experience of involving staff, users and carers in redesign and change management, service improvement redesign and delivery;
- Knowledge of the current national clinical standards, effectiveness and quality governance agendas and best practice;
- Sound practical understanding of quality improvement techniques, clinical audit, risk
- In depth knowledge of national drivers regarding the quality governance agenda and NHS policy and strategy in relation to these;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with proven ability to communicate complex, sensitive and contentious information effectively.