Senior Estates Officer Maintenance & Building Services
An exciting new opportunity has arisen to work for a healthcare organisation as a Senior Estates Officer – Maintenance & Building Services within London for 6 months.
- Responsible for the management of building and fabric related repairs and maintenance across the organisation;
- Ensuring all planned preventative maintenance (PPM), is planned and coordinated through the appropriate contractors specialised to carry out these works or the in-house Estates Maintenance Team where applicable;
- Ensure all inspection and service records are analysed thoroughly and any necessary remedial works as an outcome of these inspections/services are carried out;
- Responsible for the management of the in-house personnel including the Estates Maintenance Supervisor, Estates Maintenance Technicians multi-trade, Estates Maintenance Administrators, Property Maintenance Operative Apprentices, Estates Stores Persons and the Minor New Works Team;
- Management of these staff will involve ensuring individual training needs are analysed, planned and implemented in line with organisational and Departmental Policies and Procedures;
- Designated responsibility for day to day operational estate maintenance services;
- Develop, adopt and manage systems to ensure maintenance services are carried out to appropriate legal and quality standards, specifications and performance requirements.
- Must have experience within the NHS of Healthcare;
- Educated to Degree level in relevant Engineering, Building or Construction Related Field or equivalent experience;
- Professional knowledge acquired through estate services management;
- IOSH or equivalent H&S qualification;
- Significant experience of monitoring and managing both in-house and contracted maintenance staff and services;
- Management of H&S/Risk;
- Experience managing across building and other trades;
- Sound knowledge of estate maintenance related statutory, legislative and guidance;
- Proven knowledge of Maintenance Services related compliance management, including Asbestos;
- Good communicator, import and receive clearly and concisely.