Interim Managing Director (Operations)
An exciting new opportunity has arisen to work for an NHS organisation who are seeking to appoint an Interim Managing Director.
The role will be for up to 3 months initially though could extend and would be remunerated comparatively at Band 9 under AfC/NHSI Agency Caps.
- Lead the Divisional management team and through them to manage all of the Division’s resources, ensuring the service complies with the requirements of regulator and meets its obligation in contracts with commissioners.
- Develop a cohesive leadership team and together develop clear work plans for assurance and improvement within the Division services.
- To lead on the development of the Division’s strategic approach and business plans in line with the Trust strategy. This will be in agreement with the Chief Operating Officer.
- To play an active role in the clinical redesign of services within the Division. Ensuring clinician involvement and participation throughout the process.
- To encourage the development of the Division’s services taking into account innovation in healthcare and clinical practice.
- To ensure systems are in place to monitor the performance of the service against both its business targets and plans and against standards for accreditation by external bodies such as the Care Quality Commission, the Clinical Negligence Scheme etc.
- To ensure that there is an effective system of governance and performance management in place within the Division to monitor how the service effectively uses its resources.
- To identify and minimise key risks to the achievement of the Division objectives and ensure service continuity is maintained in the event of major disruption to normal service delivery.
- Ensure all service information is reported as required both internally and externally.
- The MD will need to be aware of and respond to the national agenda set by NHS England and the implications and opportunities for the Trust.
A successful candidate will have/be:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent level of experience
- Significant senior management experience in an NHS Trust, operating at Senior Management Level
- Experience of leading service and/or transformational change
- Experience of managing complex problems
- Knowledge of NHS management issues including:
- National agendas and initiatives; Performance management issues; Priorities within an NHS Trust; Priorities for mental and community services both locally and nationally
- Demonstrable track record of operational performance improvement
- Demonstrates effective partnership working with internal and external stakeholders