Patient Flow Lead and Discharge Planning
Finegreen are currently supporting a large healthcare organisation in the appointment of a senior nursing and operations professional to lead on the improvement of their Patient Flow and Discharge Planning processes.
- Support the delivery of the strategic direction and overall provision and management of patient flow within the hospital setting, ensuring the delivery of consistently high standards of care;
- Will collaborate with both clinical and non-clinical leads to support and deliver a safe and effective service which contributes to the achievement of the national and local performance standards;
- You will be a registered practitioner who will act as an expert credible leader for the delivery of a user-centred, evidence based patient flow service aligned to national best practice;
- Will be a robust, resilient, and visible senior leader of clinical/non-medical staff within the Patient Flow Service, managing resources in line with organisational business plans, objectives, strategy and budgets;
- Work collaboratively to develop a high quality, user-centred service which consistently delivers against the safety, quality, performance and clinical governance agendas;
- Be a clinically credible practitioner, establish and maintain own professional practice and competence;
- Provide professional expert operational knowledge and leadership to the patient flow team, demonstrating a commitment to the development of pathways to support effective flow;
- Ensure the delivery of the KPIs of the Integrated Discharge Team, work in collaboration with clinical leaders including the Divisional Lead Nurses to promote and support the development of guidelines and pathways in clinical practice which supports and complements best practice in Patient Flow;
- Registered Nurse with current NMC registration;
- Extensive knowledge of Patient Flow within an acute setting, also Discharge Teams and process related with other non-hospital related parties;
- Improvement experience related to patient flow and discharge planning.