Director of Estates and Facilities
A large healthcare organisation is looking to appoint a Director level professional who holds expertise in the operational management of NHS Estates and Facilities.
- Provide senior operational leadership to the Trust’s estates infrastructure and facilities services across the organisation and play a key and very visible role within Trust’s senior management team;
- Working closely with the Executive Directors the post holder will actively direct the day to day operations and develop these services in accordance with the Trust’s corporate policies, strategies and vision, emphasising the cultural changes and innovations essential to modernising healthcare and an improved patient experience;
- Hold responsibility for planning and implementing service improvement and modernisation;
- Have overall accountability and responsibility for the Trust’s estates and facilities strategy, as well as providing leadership and operational management across the directorate portfolio;
- Responsible for delivering safe, responsive and cost effective estates and facilities services for the Trust, with a focus on quality and promoting a customer service ethos;
- Provide specialist and professional advice to the Board and the Executive Team including assurance in relation to statutory compliance and risk, associated with the Trust’s premises, infrastructure and facilities support services.
- Degree or equivalent professional facilities management qualification, preferably backed by membership of the British Institute of Facilities Management;
- Extensive senior management experience at Director or Deputy Director level in a healthcare/NHS based setting;
- Experience of effectively managing NHS estates portfolios;