University Hospitals of Derby and Burotn (UHDB) is seeking to employ a highly skilled Senior Nurse to fulfil the role of Discharge Matron.
We are looking for a dynamic and innovative individual to join the new Discharge Business Unit. Someone who is able think on their feet and make decisions quickly in order to support patient flow from point of admission to discharge, liaising with clinical teams and partner agencies as necessary to minimise delays and flow issues. The successful candidate will need to demonstrate an ability to look at the bigger picture, with an open, flexible and positive attitude. You will be someone who is confident in using their own initiative, working in an ever changing fast paced environment and at times under pressure.
The drive, energy and determination to deliver change is essential, coupled with expertise in motivating and influencing staff from a range of professions and stakeholders to support delivery of high quality services which support patient flow.
The post holder will develop excellent working relationships with clinical teams across the Trust, working in partnership to maintain activity levels, addressing any capacity and blocks within service delivery.
The role will be pivotal in shaping and developing the new Discharge Business Unit within the Medicine Division.
Experience of working in both acute and community settings would be desirable.
The newly appointed Matron will also be responsible for ensuring all units/teams are meeting Governance standards and complying with the Trust’s Duty of Candour policy.
In return we will offer:
- Development opportunities, including both professional and leadership development, together with an opportunity to work across some or all of our 5 sites depending on specialty
- Support through every step of the way from recruitment to when you join our team and beyond
- Friendly, supportive and caring colleagues
- A variety of other staff benefits including employee assistance programme, discounted gym membership, onsite fitness classes, car schemes
Key facts about our Trust:
- Every day our hospitals see more than 4,000 outpatients
- We see more Trauma & Orthopaedic outpatients than any other Trust – over 3,300 per week
- An average 860 patients are seen in A&E every day – the 6th largest in the country
- Our hospitals admit more than 220 emergency patients every day
- We carry out more planned surgical operations than any other Trust in England with almost 50,000 operations taking place in our 52 operating theatres
- We are one of only 5 Trusts nationally with more than 50 operating theatres
- We carry out more than 300 elective procedures each working day
- We employ 12,000 staff across our 5 hospital sites
- We have a Director of Allied Health Professionals who is committed to provide leadership, progression and direction to AHPs
Closing date: 24 November 2020
Interview date: 8 December 2020