Clinical Lead System Flow
A large NHS organisation is currently seeking a very capable individual who holds knowledge and experience within patient flow, this role is a remote working role.
- Provide clinical input to the Incident Management and Flow Team to successfully manage the joint operational remit the locality Incident Coordination Centre, complying with its statutory duties in relation to incidents, including support to the team’s administrative staff with the fulfilment of their duties;
- Regularly liaise with statutory providers to support the implementation of the urgent care escalation plan for integrated demand and capacity specifically regarding joint operations for Winter and CV-19;
- Will be required to receive and communicate highly complex, sensitive or contentious information;
- Act as a first point of contact, liaise across the system and ensure that the up-to-date escalation status/position is being communicated by providers thereby enabling responsive capacity and escalation planning system-wide;
- Will also take a proactive approach by supporting operational planning (for winter, UK End of Transition (EU Exit) and COVID19) and by ensuring system-wide communication;
- Work closely with CCGs, the Directors and Transformation Leads and providers to develop, plan and manage winter escalation initiatives alongside COVID demand surge, which will improve service efficiency, reduce waste and help patients get the right care, at the right time, in the right place. They will be responsible for policy development and implementation of the service;
- Expected to evaluate tactical escalation of flow and capacity issues on an on-going basis in order to inform on future escalation planning;
- Monitoring escalation system-wide to ensure that providers are acting to avoid delayed transfers of care, ambulances queuing, minimising 4hr A&E breaches, avoiding 12 hour trolley waits, acting rapidly when norovirus is detected and avoiding having to cancel elective patients;
- Hold the ability to balance their operational duties with the need to undertake analysis and write reports at short notice in order to provide the CCGs with regular communication updates.
- Must hold qualification/training as RGN, Physiotherapist, Occupational Therapist, Paramedic, educated to degree level in relevant subject or equivalent level qualification;
- Significant operational management experience in the NHS, ideally both CCG and provider background;
- Experience of scoping and assessing options and negotiating major projects including outcomes, delivery mechanisms, financial and other performance targets, where there may be resistance to change.
Apply for Clinical Lead System Flow
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly