Lead Matron - Learning Disability Services
We are currently supporting a large NHS organisation in the appointment of a senior nursing professional to support in the management of Learning Disabilities Services.
- Committed to delivering excellence in clinical led services, focus of this role is to be the Clinical Leader for the Division to ensure that patients receive safe, high quality care and experience when using the service;
- Work as part of a senior management team who will mutually managerially be accountable for operational management and performance for the Learning Disability Division;
- Ensure that the strategic aims and objectives for the Division are delivered and achieved; Clinically responsible for the delivery of clinical quality standards, patent safety, the overall patient and service user experience in the Division, providing professional leadership and advice and support for the Division to ensure there is consistency of practice and high standards of care with a strong patient safety focus;
- Responsible for ensuring that clinical governance and performance processes are embedded in clinical service delivery and that patient safety and experience is used to determine priorities for local service improvement;
- Responsible for ensuring safe, high quality clinical service delivery across the division ensuring all clinical KPIs are met each month;
- Ensure the safe staffing requirements are achieved across all areas on a daily basis and oversee the completion of the monthly Safer Staffing report;
- Work with other managers to develop the strategic overview for continuing quality improvement within the bedded areas providing clinical leadership and support to clinical staff to enable change. This includes setting the direction, facilitating strategic discussion, establishing the agendas for action, motivating people and anticipating issues;
- Day to day clinical service delivery of nursing and therapies;
- Responsible for delegated budget management for areas of responsibility;
- Registered First Level Nurse Qualification and current NMC registration or Registered Allied Health Professional with current HCPC registration;
- Extensive recent experience of working in Learning Disability health services in a variety of community or hospital settings;
- Demonstrate management and clinical leadership skills and knowledge of current issues within NHS particularly regarding to Learning Disabilities.