Head of Paediatric Audiology/Clinical Lead for Paediatric Audiology
2 days left
- Job Type
An exciting new opportunity has arisen for an experienced and motivated individual to join us as the Clinical Lead for Paediatric Audiology / Head of Paediatric Audiology
The Head of Paediatric Audiology will be responsible and accountable for the business management, operational running and strategic planning of our Paediatric Audiology Services. The successful candidate will be a qualified Clinical Scientist (Audiologist) who demonstrates safe clinical decision making and care for patients, as well as strong leadership, organisational skills and quality improvement. They will work collaboratively within the Multi-disciplinary Team to meet the needs of Audiology patients, supporting the delivery of national and local policy and procedures, as well as developing the service in line with best practices and work closely with the Paediatric Senior Management Team.
What we look for:
- An enthusiastic Clinical Scientist (Audiologist) with excellent and safe clinical skills
- An excellent leader and communicator, with demonstrable organisational and leadership skills
Key responsibilities will include:
- Accountable for the management of Paediatric Audiology and the Newborn Hearing Screening Programme at UHDB.
- To be responsible for the implementation of effective Management Teams within each of the clinical areas
- Provide information and make recommendations within the Paediatric Audiology, Newborn Hearing Screening, Directorate and Trust as required.
- Accountable for the initiation and co-ordination of the development and implementation of policies, procedures and guidelines within Paediatric Audiology and Newborn Hearing Screening at UHDB, ensuring they meet the requirements of health and safety and clinical governance.
If you are a highly motivated, senior Audiologist with demonstrable leadership experience who wants to make a real difference to patient care then we would love to hear from you.
In return we will offer:
- Development opportunities, including both professional and leadership development, together with an opportunity to work across some or all of our 5 sites depending on specialty
- Support through every step of the way from recruitment to when you join our team and beyond
- Friendly, supportive and caring colleagues
- A variety of other staff benefits including employee assistance programme, discounted gym membership, onsite fitness classes, car schemes
Key facts about our Trust:
- Every day our hospitals see more than 4,000 outpatients
- We see more Trauma & Orthopaedic outpatients than any other Trust – over 3,300 per week
- An average 860 patients are seen in A&E every day – the 6th largest in the country
- Our hospitals admit more than 220 emergency patients every day
- We carry out more planned surgical operations than any other Trust in England with almost 50,000 operations taking place in our 52 operating theatres
- We are one of only 5 Trusts nationally with more than 50 operating theatres
- We carry out more than 300 elective procedures each working day
- We employ 12,000 staff across our 5 hospital sites
- We have a Director of Allied Health Professionals who is committed to provide leadership, progression and direction to AHPs
Closing date of applications: 15 February 2021
Interview date: 1 March 2021
Further details / informal visits contact
Grace Pearn - Director for Allied Health Professionals via her PA
Apply for Head of Paediatric Audiology/Clinical Lead for Paediatric Audiology
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly