Finance & Business Manager
ROLE: Finance and Business Manager
SALARY: Band 8B £57,990 - £66,823*
LOCATION: East Street (Epsom) with visits to other Trust Sites
SECTOR: Public Sector, Healthcare
HOURS: 37.5 hours per week
TYPE: Full-time, Permanent
*inclusive of HCAS
A career opportunity has arisen for a Finance and Business Manager to join Epsom and St. Helier University Hospitals NHS Trust.
Epsom and St. Helier University Hospitals NHS Trust (ESTH) is a dynamic Trust which offers an extensive range of services, including cancer, pathology, surgery, and gynecology to the population in south west London and north east Surrey. They operate two general hospitals, Epsom Hospital and St. Helier Hospital, and run services from other locations, including Sutton Hospital. They are also part of two innovative integrated care partnerships - Sutton Health and Care and Surrey Downs Health and Care. As teaching hospitals, ESTH plays a key role in the education and training of tomorrow’s doctors, nurses and other health professionals. With nearly 900,000 people coming to the hospitals for care and treatment every year, their 5,000 staff and 500 volunteers work around the clock to keep their busy hospitals running smoothly.
The Financial Management Team has proactively reorganised to respond to recent changing demands following the transfer of Community Services in Sutton and Surrey Downs to the Trust in 2019. In addition to providing dedicated Finance and Business Managers for divisions, the new structure will enable the Finance and Business Managers to become true business partners, provide an excellent service and integrate themselves into the specialist divisions.
Finance and Business Manager Duties and Responsibilities:
The Finance and Business Manager reports to the Head of Financial Management and is responsible for the Planned Care division which has a budget of £85m. They also have line management responsibilities for one Management Accountant. Some of the key duties include:
- To assist the Divisional Director of Operations/Executive Directors in preparing the Division’s business plan, ensuring cost pressures and service changes are identified and resourced appropriately.
- To contribute to the Trust’s annual and longer term financial strategy and business planning process.
- To manage and oversee the provision of timely and accurate financial management information, analysis and advice used for performance monitoring and decision-making.
- To develop the use of information technology as a means of recording and disseminating information to service users.
- To lead on developing and maintaining professional standards within the Finance Department and to actively seek and encourage feedback from users of financial services to enable continuous improvement plans to be implemented.
- To select, manage, motivate and train the junior staff, enabling them to reach their full potential in the achievement of goals and objectives. This includes responsibility for undertaking Personal Development reviews / appraisals for staff.
Finance and Business Manager Person Specification:
The Finance and Business Manager will be a Qualified CCAB Accountant. The ideal candidate for this role will have post-qualification experience in financial management, have effective leadership skills/management experience and have the ability develop effective working relationships with finance, clinical and non-finance colleagues at a senior level. This person must be a confident communicator and be able to present highly complex financial information and lead financial discussions at senior management and executive level meetings.
Candidates with NHS and/or healthcare experience are strongly encouraged to apply although we look forward to seeing applications from wider sectors also. We are looking for people who are motivated, ambitious and want to work in an environment where they can make an impact.
Your salary and benefits:
- Band 8B £57,990 - £66,823 (inclusive of HCAS)
- 27 days annual leave + 8 bank holidays (holiday entitlement raises to 33 days with service)
- Excellent training, learning and development opportunities
- Generous pension scheme (including 20.68% employer contribution and a tiered system of employee contribution depending on your salary from 5% to 14.5%).
- CIMA/ACCA/CIPFA training and development accreditation
- A comprehensive staff health and well-being programme
- High quality childcare options
- Health services discounts (retail, holidays, entertainment and restaurants)
- Season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
HOW TO APPLY AND CLOSING DATE:
To apply please email your CV and cover letter before midnight on Monday 8th March. Early applications are strongly encouraged.
If you are successfully shortlisted, you will be contacted and interviews will follow shortly after. If you have not been contacted by Friday 5th March unfortunately you have not been selected to interview on this occasion.
Apply for Finance & Business Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly