A large healthcare organisation is looking to recruit a Senior Nurse/ODP who has extensive management experience within a Theatres setting. The role will be for an initial period of 3 months.
- Manage and lead the theatre and recovery staff offering guidance and support on operational and professional issues, ensuring consistency throughout;
- Work closely with the clinical teams within their sphere of responsibility to promote a high level of professionalism amongst practitioners, acting as a visible role model;
- Able to appropriately and effectively use a range of communication approaches in order to inform, influence or persuade people in relation to more difficult subjects and/or situations;
- Manage the resources necessary to ensure the delivery of high quality evidenced based care that meets patient’s fundamental needs. This will include leading the management of the staffing resource, pay and non-pay budget, whilst ensuring the provision of a safe clinical and physical environment;
- Develop and maintain safe and ethical operating practices within the hospital, identifying service improvement opportunities, managing competing organisational needs and facilitating improvements within the theatre team and across departments;
- Liaise with Consultant medical staff and other clinicians in the provision of the service, develop working relationships recognising their changing needs;
- Ensure that operating theatre services comply with the Department of Health and Care Quality Commission recommendations;
- Actively participate on Quality Assurance and Improvement initiatives.
- RGN Level 1/ODP, with current active registration to NMC/HCPC;
- Experience and demonstrable capability of operational management within a theatre environment;
- Experience of managing teams, including objective setting, learning and development, performance management and allocation of workload;
- Well-developed leadership and influencing skills with the ability to enthuse, motivate and involve individuals and teams.
Apply for Theatres Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly