Consultant in Public Health COVID Response
A large public sector organisation is currently looking to appoint an interim Consultant in Public Health, this role will support the existing Directorate specifically on the COVID Response task.
- Work with Members, Senior Management colleagues and employees to be a dedicated resource for the health protection response to Covid 19 related activity;
- Looking for an experienced and appropriately qualified professional who can work with the established team to provide high quality and timely advice to internal and external partners;
- Work independently and as part of a wider public health and local authority based team;
- Develop, implement and deliver national, regional and local policies, develop inter-agency and interdisciplinary strategic plans and programmes.
- Provide expert public health advice and leadership;
- Develop and utilise information and intelligence systems to underpin public health action across disciplines and organisations;
- Represent the Council across the city, region and nationally.
- Deputise for the DPH as required.
- Hold relevant post graduate qualification or relevant work based experience and experience of leading health protection activity with a multi-agency environment, including NHS and local government;
- Excellent communication, negotiating and facilitation skills and be able to identify solutions to address the fast paced challenges created by Covid 19;