Head of Employee Relations
We have a new interim opportunity for a Head of Employee Relations to support a South East NHS Trust through the swift and appropriate resolution of employee relations matters.
- To be the Trust professional lead for HR and employee relations advice, including on terms and conditions, complex performance and attendance management, grievance, bullying and harassment and potentially employment tribunal cases;
- To quality assure employee relations cases, ensuring the approach to their management is fair, timely and transparent with outcomes that are just and appropriate in the circumstances;
- To work in partnership with the Lead Freedom To Speak Up Guardian on areas of cross over with employee relations work, e.g. potential grievances and bullying and harassment issues, promoting an open culture committed to action;
- To advise HRBPs and managers on complex organisational change initiatives including TUPE;
- To manage and support the Employee Relations team in providing a professional and efficient service to resolve Employee Relations and sickness absence issues as quickly as possible, balancing compassion and empathy for the employee with the best interests of the organisation.
- Member of CIPD or equivalent
- A good understanding of NHS terms and conditions of employment.
- Working knowledge of the NHS People Plan
- Up to date specialist knowledge of employment legislation and current best practice HR issues.
- A good understanding of equality, diversity and inclusion principles.