Deputy Head of Financial Accounting and Control
7 days left
- Job Type
An opportunity has arisen for a Deputy Head of Financial Accounting and Control within a South West NHS Trust. This is a 9 month fixed term position, the post holder will be responsible for the day to day operation for the financial accounts team.
- Take lead role in the production of statutory consolidated accounts in accordance with national NHS guidelines and timetable;
- Liaise with internal and external auditors and Counter-fraud in audits and reviews designed to improve financial services;
- Ensure effective liaison with providers of financial services such as NHS Shared Business Services and the Purchasing consortium;
- Ensure effective resolution of queries relating to supplier payments and systems improvements as necessary;
- Ensure effective debt collection processes are in place including close liaison with the Financial Business Partners to ensure prompt escalation of issues;
- Supervise the Charity team including producing monthly statements and production of the Charitable Funds statutory accounts in accordance with relevant accounting standards and Charity Commission regulations;
- Maintain a thorough, up to date knowledge of highly complex reporting legislation and guidance, ensuring that trust policies and procedures are consistent with these and best practice, documenting and recommending any amendments required to policies and procedures.
- CCAB qualified;
- Experience developing and leading high performing teams;
- Experience of driving change and improvement;
- Strong technical accounting skills;
- NHS (or large public sector body) experience.
Apply for Deputy Head of Financial Accounting and Control
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly