Head of Occupational Health and Wellbeing
A large NHS organisation is currently seeking a very capable individual who holds experience working with NHS Occupational Health & Wellbeing Services. Candidate must have a current NMC registration to apply to this role.
- Provide and maintain a pro-active, effective and comprehensive Occupational Health Service to the organisation and its external clients with the aim of promoting, improving and maintaining the health and wellbeing of employees;
- A clinical expert in Occupational Health Nursing and as such will provide strategic input on all matters relating to Occupational Health;
- Comply with the NMC Code of Professional Conduct at all times. Will also be responsible for clinical leadership ensuring a high standard of delivery;
- Work closely with the Business Development department with regards to the business contracting process, to maximise new business opportunities and to retain existing contracts;
- Manage and develop the Occupational Health Department ensuring delivery of a high quality service ensuring effective use of resources and adherence to internal and external service level agreements;
- Ensure that the organisation follows, develops and maintains legislation, guidance, policy and the required external and internal quality standards for the Occupational Health Service;
- Management of occupational health staff including, recruitment, PADR’s, compliance of statutory mandatory training and performance management;
- Manage the budget for the department and review costing for external contracts and ensure external charges are recovered through the issue of invoices. To ensure CIP targets are met and to contribute to the delivery of new CIP targets.
- Current NMC registration as RGN, also Specialist Occupational Health Practitioner (SCPHN or equivalent);
- Extensive knowledge of Occupational Health nursing, this would need to be within a healthcare organisation.
- An understanding of current Occupational Health issues within the NHS;
- Excellent communication skills, organisational and management skills in self and others.
Apply for Head of Occupational Health and Wellbeing
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly