Deputy Chief Nurse
An exciting new role is available within a large NHS organisation, due to the natural expansion of the senior corporate nursing function, this role is available on an interim basis whilst the organisation recruit to the permanent role.
- Providing Trust-wide strategic leadership for all nursing and midwifery colleagues. This will include representation at executive level and supporting the Director of Nursing and Quality in delivering corporate objectives and ensuring statutory compliance;
- The role involves working in partnership with other organisations across the ICS and the post holder will develop and maintain a network of mutually beneficial relationships with CCG’s, primary care providers, Public Health England, Health Education England, Care Quality Commission, the Regional Director of Nursing, the Royal Colleges and other key stakeholders;
- Undertake managerial responsibility for one or more corporate teams as relevant to their portfolio of Trust-wide responsibilities; focussed on Clinical Governance and Quality standards;
- Provide highly visible, and accessible senior leadership advice and support to all staff on issues relating to safe and compassionate nursing and midwifery care, acting as the Trust lead in the absence of the Director of Nursing and Quality;
- Support the Executive Nursing team with the production of authoritative, concise and professional reports or briefings on areas of responsibility to assist the Trust Executive in appropriate decision making;
- Personally, engage in ‘back to the floor’ activities including undertaking several clinical activities in Trust services/locations over the period of the assignment;
- Provide expert advice and appropriate support/challenge for Heads of Nursing in delivering robust quality assurance activities across the Trust. This may include personally undertaking quality rounds, participating in peer reviews and attending relevant quality and safety governance meetings;
- Be accountable for the management of any formal or informal complaints received by teams under your leadership according to Trust standards ensuring adherence to any statutory duties with regards concerns over standards of care.
- Current NMC registration as RGN; will also need experience working within an acute NHS setting at senior corporate nursing level;
- Demonstrable success in leading and delivering change and performance with and through diverse clinical teams, by engaging them in the strategic direction and delivery plans, establishing clear work priorities with them, delegating effectively, ensuring capability to deliver, monitoring performance and giving feedback;
- A proven track record of patient-centred care and has been role model for other professionals in previous roles.
Apply for Deputy Chief Nurse
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly