General Manager - Cancer Business Unit
This is a fantastic opportunity for an inspirational and influential leader to head the Cancer Business Unit at University Hospitals of Derby and Burton as General Manager. You will make a significant contribution to improve services for our patients, in an important and high profile part of the Trust.
The General Manager leads the Business Unit and around 580 wte staff across the specialties of Oncology, Haematology, Palliative Medicine, Radiotherapy and Lymphoedema. The Business Unit includes two Oncology wards, a Haematology ward, the Nightingale Macmillan Unit, two Chemo Suites, two outpatient departments and an End of Life ward at our London Road Community Hospital site.
Working collaboratively with the Clinical Director, Matrons and Assistant General Managers, the successful applicant will provide exceptional leadership to the specialties, contributing to the delivery of the UHDB vision and values, whilst building on existing relationships with our external partners.
We are looking for an individual:-
- With the patient at the heart of all of their actions and decisions;
- Who is a transformational, adaptable and value driven leader;
- Who is committed to ensuring we have a skilled and supported workforce that is ‘fit’ for the future NHS;
- Who can demonstrate a proven track record in change management, with good examples of patient and staff engagement, to improve and sustain delivery of high quality care and patient experience;
- With extensive operational experience, including significant people and budgetary management experience.
Working for your organisation
Key facts about our Trust:
- Every day our hospitals see more than 4,000 outpatients
- We see more Trauma & Orthopaedic outpatients than any other Trust – over 3,300 per week.
- An average 860 patients are seen in A&E every day – the 6th largest in the country Our hospitals admit more than 220 emergency patients every day.
- We carry out more planned surgical operations than any other Trust in England with almost 50,000 operations taking place in our 52 operating theatres.
- We are one of only 5 Trusts nationally with more than 50 operating theatres.
- We carry out more than 300 elective procedures each working day.
- We employ 12,000 staff across our 5 hospital sites We have a Director of Allied Health Professionals who is committed to provide leadership, progression and direction to AHPs.
Closing date of applications: 22 April 2021
Interview date: 29 April 2021
For further details / informal visits contact:
Mike Goodwin, Divisional Director - CDCS