Director of Governance
A large healthcare organisation is currently seeking a very capable individual who can act as Trust Board Secretary and principal adviser to Board. The role will be 12 months in duration and can be looked at as FTC, secondment, or interim day rate basis.
- Act as Trust Secretary and principal adviser to the Chief Executive, Executive and Non-Executive Directors of the Trust on all issues relating to integrated governance;
- Develop strong working relationships with external partner organisations on their behalf. The post holder will play a key coordinating role within the Trust across the full governance agenda;
- Lead on all corporate governance matters;
- Assuring the Board that the Trust complies with all relevant legislation and the licensing requirements issued by its key regulators;
- Overseeing the delivery of assurance relating to quality governance;
- Establishing and maintaining systems and processes that ensure good clinical and corporate governance of the Trust;
- Advising the Board on developments in governance and other issues;
- Providing advice and guidance on governance related issues at both directorate and Trust level;
- Lead the trust wide quality governance assurance including effective development and delivery of the wider quality governance arrangements in the organisation;
- Ensure compliance with external standards. Responsible for the delivery of the Trust's governance agenda through implementation of national standards and regulations;
- Provide advice, support and training to executive, clinical and divisional directors in the development and maintenance of robust governance processes and systems.
- Educated to a Master’s degree level with relevant post graduate qualifications;
- Further evidence of; management/leadership training with demonstrable record of continuous professional development/ ICSA;
- Good theoretical and practical knowledge of all relevant policy areas;
- Demonstrable experience of working with Chairs, Non-Executive Directors, Chief Executives and senior clinicians.