Associate Director for Maternity Services
A large healthcare organisation is looking to appoint an experienced Midwife, you will have worked at management level previously and play a key role in the strategic direction for Maternity Services overall.
- Continue the development of the strategy for maternity services, setting standards and guidelines for midwifery practice, in keeping with NMC and national policy documents and guidance and leading the continuing research and clinical development agenda for maternity services;
- Contribute to developing the strategic direction of nursing and midwifery and ensure that the national and local nursing and midwifery agenda, policy and initiatives are delivered;
- Ensure robust systems of clinical and professional governance, practice and professional development are in place and develop accountability and assurance frameworks to secure high quality and sustainable services to patients;
- Lead and manage efficient, professional and comprehensive complaints and legal services, working with the teams to set the standards and drive improvements across the Trust;
- Act as the Subject Matter Expert within Maternity Services, responsible for the development implementation of current Midwifery Plans and Strategies;
- Inform the Trust Board on the political issues within maternity care and the impact on this on service delivery workforce requirements and workforce development;
- Undertake the role of the “Designated Clinical Lead for Antenatal and Newborn Screening Programme” NHS England;
- Encourage, advise on and facilitate the introduction of new initiatives in practice to ensure improvements in nursing and midwifery care for women, families and babies;
- Lead the planning and development of midwifery services to ensure that they are best provided to meet the developing needs of the service and the population;
- Establish the strategies and policies for maternity services ensuring the highest standards of performance are established and implemented and key performance indicators achieved;
- and produce actions plans to ensure best practice and adherence to national standards.
- Current NMC registration as a Midwife;
- A demonstrable track record in a senior Midwifery position within a complex acute healthcare environment;
- Ability to act as a role model, encouraging others to value and respect staff with exemplary personal standard of conduct and behaviour.