Cancer and Diagnostics Service Manager
Woodrow Mercer Healthcare are looking for Diagnostics and Cancer Services Managers for a number of roles across the UK. We are particularly interested in Persons who have extensive experience in management of Diagnostics and Cancer services.
The post holder will work as part of a dynamic team in delivering an effective service supporting staff across the Region, and will undertake the following:
- The post holder will be expected to work with regional colleagues and national teams to ensure that the Diagnostics and Cancer performance standards are met, that systems deliver a high-quality Diagnostics and Cancer service and that it is supported by a structured approach to improvement across health systems.
- The post holder will provide subject matter expertise based on comprehensive experience of managing Diagnostics and Cancer performance measures, and a sound ability to interpret both performance and activity data.
- The post holder will support a system approach to improvement in Diagnostics and Cancer, using assets from across the system to improve outcomes, experience, and efficiency of services.
- The post holder will work collaboratively with the Cancer Alliances to develop and deliver a clinically driven improvement programme.
- The post holder will be a part of a team with responsibility for analysing performance against a variety of measures, and from this identify strategies and interventions to support and facilitate necessary improvements, at organisation and system level or region.
- The post holder will develop effective strategic and operational structures and processes to support the sustainable delivery of high-quality Diagnostics and Cancer services across the region, and alongside this will identify, promote, and support innovation and opportunities for improvement.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Leadership and responsibility for the implementation of Diagnostics and Cancer Services Strategies.
- Take lead responsibility for ensuring continuous improvements in Diagnostics and Cancer Services.
- Develop and implement appropriate long-term business strategy with stakeholders, implementing new business processes as required.
- Manage the appropriate programme controls ensuring monitoring and control activities and performance targets are on track.
- Manage system risks ensuring they are appropriately identified, and controls and/or mitigation is in place.
- Establish and manage the Directorate’s risk management, change control and issue resolution processes.
- To monitor, interpret and qualify assure progress against deliverables. Quality assurance and progress of deliverables.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Postgraduate degree qualification or equivalent level of experience.
- Significant experience of leading Diagnostics and Cancer services at this level.
- Substantial experience of managing large, complex health, Diagnostics and Cancer services.
- Success in working collaboratively with senior management.
- Demonstrable success in instigating/leading and managing change.
- Leadership and ability to motivate and empower others. Positive and effective team worker.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels of the organisation including: Strong liaison and negotiation skills. Writing and presentation skills.
- Ability to prioritise work, meet tight deadline and work independently.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, judgement and analytical skills and conflict resolution skills.
- Patient focused approach.
- Able to translate complex, sensitive issues and problems.
- Able to deliver flexible and creative solutions to difficult problems and challenges.
- Intellectually flexible to work beyond existing structures and ways of working to deliver effective services.
For more information please contact Recruitment Consultant – Matt Cardy via email@example.com or 07437 018116, who will be happy to discuss this vacancy in more detail.