Commercial/NHS Contracts Manager
A large healthcare organisation is currently looking for a NHS Contracting professional to join the team on an FTC basis for the next 6 months. This role will a remote/home based working contract.
- Play a key part of the NHS team in organisations Commercial Directorate;
- Primary responsibility will be to assist the Head of NHS Contracting and the NHS Contracting & Service Delivery Leads to support NHS contracting and service delivery across the network of hospitals in England;
- The NHS contracts in England comprise of NHS Standard Contracts (both Framework and non-Framework) with Clinical Commissioning Groups (‘CCGs’) and NHS England, NHS Standard Sub-Contracts (both Framework and non-Framework) with NHS Trusts, Foundation Trusts and third party providers to the NHS, Non-standard Contracts with NHS Trusts and Foundation Trusts;
- Support hospitals with the negotiation, development, delivery and maintenance of contracts with NHS partners;
- Work within the NHS team and other central support teams, including the Commercial Directorate, to ensure that the organisation is viewed as a key partner and provider of choice to the NHS;
- Ensure Hospital Directors and their teams have the required resources and support to contract effectively with CCGS and NHS Trusts/Foundation Trusts; assist with their development of commercially viable contracts with NHS bodies;
- Provide specialist support and guidance to Hospital Directors, their teams and (where appropriate) central support teams to ensure they have the capability and capacity to deliver against contract requirements, including delivery against service and quality standards, data collection and reporting, KPI monitoring/performance dashboards.
- Experience in negotiation, development and management of NHS contracts;
- Experience in managing relationships with NHS commissioners and providers;
- High levels of computer literacy including Microsoft Project, Excel, Word and PowerPoint with the ability to create, understand and manipulate spread sheets.