Area Operational Director (Yorkshire)
- Permanent Contract
- Full-time hours with an element of out of hours and on call
- Office based in York with some remote working possible. Some travel around Yorkshire and the Humber required.
- Competitive Salary
The newly formed Totally Urgent Care Division, following the merger of Vocare and Greenbrook, is a leading provider of national urgent care services. We are looking for a strong operational leader to support the operational, medical and clinical triumvirate team to deliver high quality patient focused care within the North region.
The division delivers highly successful services within 111, Clinical Assessment Services (CAS), GP Out of Hours (GPOOH) and Urgent Treatment Centres (UTC) across a national footprint. You would join our growing team at a truly exciting time with expanding services and a new fit for purpose structure. The successful applicant will demonstrate a desire to improve outcomes and patient experience within services and an ability to engage with all partners within the health economy. The role requires an ability to work within highly regulated environments, delivering against multiple performance targets, whilst maintaining the support and engagement of the MDT.
If you have a proven track record for delivering high quality, effective clinical services across multiple geographies/teams, with a strong desire to provide dynamic leadership to our dedicated staff then we would like to hear from you for our Area Operational Director post.
The Area Operational Director role will be responsible for the delivery of our UTC ‘s, CAS and associated urgent care services within the North region. We are strengthening and co designing our service models with partners in the healthcare system utilising virtual models to enhance users’ experiences. The Area Operational Director is required to:
- Take responsibility for operational management and development of contracts for the region, ensuring that quality standards and targets are met.
- Represent the area’s operational team, liaising with external bodies including partners, CCGs, Commissioners, CQC, acute trusts and other health and social care organisations.
- Continuously explore and identify opportunities for performance improvement, business generation and provision of clinical services including the formulation of performance improvement plans in conjunction with clinical and operational colleagues, expansion into other sectors of the local economy and key lead for all interactions.
The successful candidate must have a management qualification or degree ideally in a healthcare setting or significant management experience in a healthcare environment operating at general management level. You will have experience of leading a multi-disciplinary workforce to improve services and delivering to contractual expectations.
Closing Date: Friday 11th June 2021
Interviews Held: w/c 21st June 2021
For a full job description, further information about this role or to apply please contact Keeley Killackey on 07553899495 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Totally plc addresses the challenges of increased demand on healthcare services by delivering high-quality planned, urgent and insourced healthcare across the UK and Ireland.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.