Head of Clinical Governance
1 day left
- Job Type
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Head of Clinical Governance within a large healthcare organisation.
This is an interim post for 3+ months working in Wales, with a mix of on site and remote working. This is a Band 8b-8d dependent upon experience.
Lead teams on all aspects of clinical governance within the NHS.
- Lead and be managerially responsible for numerous teams, in areas such as; Risk management and patient safety, Health and safety, Clinical audit and effectiveness, Legal services, and Divisional governance;
- Provide professional leadership on all aspects of Quality Governance;
- Act as the named Patient Safety Specialist for all staff within the organisation;
- Guide and support with CQC action plans and improvements within the organisation;
- Ensure compliance with the organisations policies, procedures and guidelines by acting or alerting the senior management team, if practice appears to contravene policy or have a detrimental impact on patient care;
- Develop and influence robust clinical governance policies, procedures and guidelines at an organisational level;
- Responsible for recording and providing evidence that lessons are learned, and action taken following investigation of adverse events;
- Accountable for the management and oversight of all rapid reviews and serious incidents using Root Cause Analysis (RCA) Policy in a sensitive manner, ensuring staff are fully supported throughout the process.
A successful candidate will have:
- Current professional clinical registration with NMC;
- Master’s Degree, or significant proven experience;
- Substantial specialist experience of working in the NHS at a senior level;
- Extensive knowledge of NHS regulation and clinical effectiveness, quality improvement and clinical outcomes agenda;
- Experience of evaluating and being involved in service improvement;
- Highly effective written communication skills, including report writing, policy development and executive/board briefings;
- An ability to extract, analyse and synthesise highly complex information relating to the quality and outcomes of clinical care;
- Capacity to work with other staff under stressful circumstances in a supportive and understanding way.
If you are interested in the post, please send a copy of your CV, along with your availability to email@example.com
Apply for Head of Clinical Governance
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly