Procurement Business Partner IT Services
5 days left
- Job Type
A large public sector organisation is currently seeking a capable Procurement Specialist, who will deliver best practice commercial services and solutions within IT procurement.
The position is based in the South East, initially for 3 months but possible extension available. The role is within IR35 scope as it is covering a substantive vacancy within the organisation.
- The post holder will lead on procurements and deliver robust, value for money contracts;
- Scope, prioritise and plan all procurement activities required to meet business outcomes, including, identifying outputs, dependencies, resource estimates, stakeholders, risks, and timescales;
- Develop effective working relationships;
- Communicate clearly and confidently to all stakeholders, both orally and in writing;
- Influence thinking and indirectly manage the actions of others;
- Demonstrate extensive knowledge and understanding of public sector frameworks, and keep abreast of new avenues of supply;
- Work with a high level of autonomy, proactively, with minimal guidance or oversight required and freedom of thought in undertaking tasks;
- Utilise judgement and pragmatic thinking to recommend more effective and efficient policies and procedures within the procurement lifecycle;
- Inform and influence Board/Executive/Senior Leadership Team decisions;
- Use own ideas and experience to set and establish governance standards and best practise across the procurement team, influencing key stakeholders across the organisation to adopt and confirm to these standards;
- Make actions count by identifying, prioritising, and planning effectively.
A successful candidate will have:
- Must have MCIPS, or equivalent proven experience;
- Extensive awareness of relevant business practices;
- Recent experience of delivering IT procurements for public bodies, preferably within central government;
- Experience of using government frameworks, including G-cloud, DOS, and other CCS frameworks;
- Possess a breadth of specialised knowledge of Public Procurement directives, principles, and UK specific legislation;
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to influence teams to follow best practise and governance standards;
- Ability to act with integrity and demonstrate a positive attitude;
- Capable of taking a proactive and flexible approach, with an eye for detail.
For further information on this role please contact Donna Larder on 0161 241 9674 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for Procurement Business Partner IT Services
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly