Woodrow Mercer Healthcare are looking for an Interim Deputy Chief Operating Officer to support an East of England Trust to plan, develop and implement Operation performance improvements.
The postholder will be responsible for the planning, developing and implementing Operational Performance improvement and delivery for the East of England area.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Provide effective leadership and direction to all operational staff to ensure central policy is effectively implemented and performance levels achieved.
- Manage operations to work as a single team to provide an efficient and cost-effective service.
- Promote quality improvement and ensure best practices for patient care.
- Representing the COO when required; being the 'public face' of the EEAST and enhancing the reputation and profile of the Service.
- Manage budgets, holding managers and teams accountable for expenditure.
- Effective decision making using well-formed judgement.
- Manage work and relationships with external agencies and communities.
- Develop brand and culture for the delivery of patient facing service.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Significant, successful senior management experience.
- Demonstrates continuous personal development including management, organisation development and change management.
- Proven ability to improve operational performance at a senior level.
- Experience of leading and managing complex, successful, operational delivery teams.
- Ability to prioritise work, work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, judgement and analytical skills and conflict resolution skills.
- Evidence of adopting best practice in devising and implementing change management programmes and associated behaviours.
- Experience of successfully delivering strategic plans, using data and analysis to support decision making.
- Master's Degree, equivalent professional qualifications and/or substantial demonstrable experience in a similar role or setting.
This role is on a Fixed Term Contract basis:
- Start date - Immediately - 6-month fixed term contract
- Hours/Days pw – Full time
- Any unsocial hours required? – No
- Location – Negotiable
- Reporting to: the COO
- CVs reviewed on: Monday 12th July – interviews via Teams
For more information please contact Recruitment Consultant – Matt Cardy via firstname.lastname@example.org or 07437 018116, who will be happy to discuss this vacancy in more detail.
Apply for Deputy COO
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly