MedTech Field Market Access Specialist
The role of Medtronic Field Market Access Specialist UK&I is to increase access to our life-changing cardiovascular technologies by utilising your expertise and networks concerning within-hospital budgeting decision-making, and commissioning with Payers (Clinical Commissioning Groups, Integrated Care Systems, Health Boards and Authorities), service development & population health benefits. This role is about communicating how Medtronic products benefit not only Cardiology departments in hospitals, but the wider Healthcare System through improved results, patient outcomes and experiences.
Responsibilities include the following and other duties may be assigned.
(a) Help deliver increased funding for our technologies & services by strengthening our engagement with Hospital NHS Trust managerial functions and stakeholders outside Hospital NHS Trusts such as CCG, ICSs, Health Boards and Authorities, in relation to funding decisions for new services and year-on-year expansion of existing services. The aim is to obtain system buy-in to how Medtronic partnerships can help deliver on the objectives of the Healthcare Service.
(b) Develop information assets and tools to enable tracking and project management, and to develop the capabilities of our organization over time. Be a trusted internal partner at Medtronic.
- Strong Value Propositions: use your skills and experience to develop and deliver strong value propositions aligned to strategic health care decision makers priorities and policies.
- Supporting & Coaching: provide enabling support to Medtronic Sales and Market Development teams, to better map-out relevant decision-makers, join & coach for meetings, and prepare impactful communications (for example, business cases)
- Collaboration & Leverage: (a) be proactive in communication within Medtronic, with U.K. Business Unit Managers, Health Economics & Commissioning, Marketing, Strategic Accounts, Sales Management (b) adapt and recycle existing value proposition materials & tools, and provide a feedback loop from the customer back to the originators of such materials
- Building Capabilities: identifying account-level funding pathways including timelines/deadlines, ascertain critical job titles, create/share platforms so relevant data is accessible for Sales & Market Development teams (for example HES data)
- Strong expertise and experience related to the managerial functions in Hospital Trusts and other organisations such as CCGs/ICSs involved in funding/commissioning of MedTech technologies & services
- Entrepreneurial mindset and ability to engage and coordinate disparate teams
- Project management with a track record of developing information assets & tools that enable broader organizational understanding and analytics
- Experience of developing and presenting business cases, briefings and reports to a range of diverse audiences including project boards
- Commitment to team-working and respect for the skills of others.
- Demonstrate effective stakeholder management across different departments and at all levels.
- Must be prepared to travel and stay away overnight – 50% travel (1/2 nights overnight pw)
- Demonstrated capability to plan over short, medium and long-term timeframes and adjust plans and resource requirements accordingly
- Skilled Negotiator
Nice to Have
- Masters in Public Health, Economics/Policy or related disciplines
- Knowledge of Value Based HealthCare (VBHC) practices and Value Based Procurement within healthcare and their implementation
Apply for MedTech Field Market Access Specialist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly