Director of Commissioning
Woodrow Mercer Healthcare are looking for a Director of Commissioning for an ASAP start and for a period of around 8 months. As the Director of Commissioning, you will be responsible for commissioning elements across a wide range of services.
We are looking for an individual with Board level experience who can start very quickly working with the senior leadership team. The ideal candidate will be an experienced commissioner experienced in working across a range of services such as Acute, Mental Health, Community, and primary care.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Assessment, planning, prioritising, purchasing, and monitoring of health and care services.
- Ensure appropriate commissioning of services to meet outcome ambitions.
- Developing effective working relationships across the area and with other key stakeholders to ensure that those services commissioned are effective and meet KPIs and governance requirements to ensure safe and effective services are delivered.
- Interpretation and implementation of complex national guidance and development of associated policies and guidelines, as necessary.
- Management and team leadership/support to staff associated with the commissioning roles.
- Manage budgets, holding managers and teams accountable for expenditure.
- Provide communications and presentations to senior management team.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Extensive experience, expertise and understanding of performance and change management, business planning, budget setting and commissioning processes.
- Ability to prioritise work, work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, judgement and analytical skills and conflict resolution skills.
- Master's Degree, equivalent professional qualifications and/or substantial demonstrable experience in a similar role or setting.
This role is on a Contract basis through to the end of March 2022:
- Start date - Immediately
- Hours/Days – Full time
- Rate: Negotiable
- Location –Need to be present on site minimum of 3 days per week
- Reporting line: COO
- IR35 Status – Outside
For more information, please contact Recruitment Consultant – Matt Cardy via firstname.lastname@example.org or 07437 018116, who will be happy to discuss this vacancy in more detail.
Apply for Director of Commissioning
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly