An exciting opportunity has arisen within a large NHS organisation for an experienced Head of Clinical Audit & Risk.
The post will be working in the South East Coast England for an interim/FTC basis for 3 - 6 months.
This is a band 8b role working on site majority of the time, with some flexibility for home working.
Ensure that a robust risk management and audit framework is in place and adhered to across the organisation.Main Responsibilities:
A successful candidate will have:
- The post-holder will act as the subject matter expert to ensure appropriate advice and support is available to staff;
- Ensure the organisation has an effective and robust Safety Alert process;
- Support the wider governance agenda and be a senior member of the Quality Governance team;
- Responsible for management of the Trust’s risk strategy and clinical audit agendas;
- Oversee the design and implementation of risk management standards, ensuring that appropriate risk identification, escalation and mitigation takes place at all levels throughout the organisation;
- Support preparation of the annual Quality Account submission;
- Manage Safety Alerts and ensure that they are received, recorded, escalated and responded to within specified timeframes;
- Oversee the budget for all areas;
- Responsible and accountable for developing, implementing and delivering the organisation’s risk management policy;
- Work with the Board and senior managers to ensure the risk management agenda is recognised and embedded at all levels of the organisation;
- Ensure SBUs and supporting services have effective risk registers and processes in place and maintain them. Lead on the utilisation of the Datix Risk Module;
- Develop an organisation wide risk training programme for all levels of staff;
- Lead the organisation’s clinical audit function to ensure that it meets its regulatory and contractual requirements as well as ensuring that the outcome of audits results in robust action plans leading to improvements in patient safety and care;
- Provide reports covering audit activity to committees and other meetings as required.
- Raise the profile of the organisation’s achievements in clinical audit, focussing on how these have contributed to improvements in patient safety and care;
- Work alongside the Head of Patient Safety to deliver the wider governance agenda;
- Ensure that all organisation policies, procedures, and guidelines pertaining to risk management, audit and safety alerts are maintained and up to date.
- A master’s degree, or an equivalent level of relevant experience;
- The ability to promote high standards to consistently improve patient outcomes;
- The ability to work across boundaries, look for collective success, listen, involve, respect and learn from the contribution of others;
- Significant demonstrable experience in a health/social/community care setting or similar complex organisation;
- In-depth knowledge of the complexities of NHS risk management which is underpinned by theory;
- Experience of the DATIX system (or other electronic risk management system);
- Experience of working with senior managers and clinicians.
For further information on this role please contact Ria Healy on email@example.com