An NHS Trust is seeking to appoint an Interim Head of Corporate Governance, for a 3- 6 month period in the first instance.
The successful candidate will be responsible for establishing strong Corporate Governance within the Board and its committees, as well as taking responsibility for coordinating external stakeholder engagement.
A track record of managing the Board Secretariat function within an NHS organisation is essential.
The role will be remunerated under the AfC/NHSI Agency Caps at Band 8c.Key responsibilities will include:
The ideal candidate will have:
- Lead the management and supervision of a Secretariat function, which will provide adequate administrative support to facilitate the effective working of the Trust Board and its Committees;
- Provide independent expert advice and support on all issues relating to Corporate Governance;
- Ensure the Trust has sound, integrated corporate governance arrangements, policies, and procedures in place;
- Ensure that the Trust Board and its Committees are properly constituted, operated and supported;
- Establish and monitor procedures to ensure that the Trust complies with all relevant legislation;
- Represent the Trust Board at the highest levels with external stakeholders;
- Contribute to the development of systems, control process and risk management arrangements that comply with internal and external governance and best practice requirements.
- Graduate Degree or equivalent level of experience;
- Considerable experience of working at Board or senior level within an NHS environment;
- Expertise in corporate governance and board management;
- Experience of staff management.
If you are interested in the role, please send a copy of your updated CV along with your availability to email@example.com