Calderdale and Huddersfield NHS Foundation Trust
West Yorkshire; Attractive salary
Calderdale and Huddersfield NHS Foundation Trust has a track record of delivery and ambitious transformational plans to ensure the continued and longer term provision of outstanding compassionate care for our patients and colleagues. We are:
- consistently ranked one of the best (top 10) performing Trusts in England with an overall CQC rating of “Good”;
- allocated £197m capital funding to invest at Huddersfield Royal Infirmary (HRI) and Calderdale Royal Hospital (CRH). This will enable the reconfiguration of our services across the two sites. Construction is underway and will complete by 2025. This will support the longer-term resilience of acute and emergency service provision, improve the quality and safety of patient care, and provide an excellent environment for our patients and colleagues;
- one of the most digitally advanced Trusts in England - investment in digital technology has transformed access to our services, improved quality and outcomes of care, and supported people in managing their health;
- nationally recognised for our commitment to reducing health inequalities in our local communities and for our continued focus on tackling the underlying issues;
- recognised both nationally and internationally for the work being undertaken by our research and innovation team.
Following nine successful years as our Chief Executive, Dr Owen Williams OBE will be leaving us to lead a large hospital Group. This is an exciting opportunity to join as our new Chief Executive at a critical time for the NHS as we continue to develop our role as a key partner in the West Yorkshire and Harrogate Integrated Care System. With a new ten year strategy approved in 2020 we have ambitious plans for:
- Delivery of outstanding care for patients
- Implementing service reconfiguration across CRH and HRI
- Digitally transforming the way we work and deliver care
- Reducing Health Inequalities
- Embedding learning and recovery from the Covid-19 Pandemic
- Supporting Workforce Wellbeing
- Reducing the Trust’s carbon footprint
- Ensuring the effective and efficient use of resources
We are seeking a compassionate and visionary leader who will share and shape our priorities; demonstrating a clear alignment to our ‘One Culture of Care’. An experienced or aspiring Chief Executive; you will inspire and support our talented and cohesive Executive team and our 6,000 dedicated colleagues. Bringing your experience in leading transformational change and sharing our passion for the possibilities of digital innovation and for tackling health inequalities; you will join an open and ambitious organisation. An exceptional communicator with a high degree of political acumen, you will build on the position of credibility we have developed in our system and continue to create effective partnerships locally, regionally, and nationally.
If you are excited by this opportunity to bring your leadership experience to an organisation with a commitment to improve lives, then we would love to hear from you.
To find out more click on the Apply button and contact Richard Murphy, Michelle Shirley or Emma Pickup of GatenbySanderson on 07393 013 067 for a confidential discussion.
Closing date: 9am Monday 4 October
Final interviews and stakeholder engagement: Tuesday 19 and Wednesday 20 October