A large Healthcare organisation is looking to recruit a Quality Governance Manager.
This is an interim post to commence immediately until the Mid – End November 2021. The post will be working in London on a band 8a and will be inside IR35 (through an umbrella solution).
The post holder will be responsible for the co-ordination of a robust clinical quality, risk, and governance framework within the Division, to support the divisional management team in the delivery of high quality and safe services.Main Responsibilities:
A successful candidate will have:
- Responsible for liaising with the Divisional Triumvirate, Clinical Leads, Matrons, General Managers, Service Managers, clinical support services staff and corporate staff in order to deliver the Division’s governance agenda on behalf of the divisional leadership triumvirate;
- Support the Divisional Triumvirate in the quality and safety aspects of operational management;
- Critically analyse all incidents and communicate any trends or recommendations to the divisional teams and facilitate and enable staff to be actively involved in the incident reporting and reviewing process and promote an open and just culture;
- Ensure the approach to Divisional risk management is in line with the organisation’s Risk Management Strategy in collaboration with the Divisional Triumvirate and all divisional teams;
- Triangulate risk identification, mitigation, and closure with other available data;
- Assist in the coordination of and preparation for CQC and other external inspections, including any ‘mock’ reviews liaising with key personnel;
- Oversee and support the Divisional leads in collating that evidence to demonstrate compliance;
- Ensure that the Division maintains accurate and timely Quality Governance records, ensuring the maintenance of quality systems and processes in own work and that of the governance team;
- Work with the Divisional teams and Head of Quality Governance to ensure an effective SI pathway, ensuring investigators are supported in the SI investigation and a timely / high quality report is produced which is then shared with the family/NoK under the Duty of Candour;
- Ensure statutory Duty of Candour, transparency and openness in incident and SI management;
- Work with the Head of Quality Governance to undertake qualitative and quantitative analysis from governance activities, identify trends and highlight areas of good practice as well as concern, working with colleagues to agree actions that maintain standards and mitigate risk;
- Act as an expert Datix User able to create records, design and run reports and support and train others in these skills and competencies;
- Provide support to the Morbidity and Mortality processes within the division;
- Support the development of a robust audit programme informed by quality and patient safety priorities and areas for improvement and support the delivery of audit programme in the division.
- A degree in relevant subject, or equivalent relevant experience;
- Significant NHS experience, and knowledge of CQC requirements;
- Understanding of Risk Management Processes and experience of assessing quality and risk;
- Robust understanding of clinical governance processes;
- Knowledge and experience of quality assurance.
If you are interested in the role and have the above skill set, please do send a copy of your updated CV along with your availability to Ria Healy on email@example.com