MProve are working with the NHS to recruit an Interim Head of Planning. Suitable candidates will need in depth additional expert knowledge acquired over a significant period of time and experience of NHS planning at a senior management level for at least five years. Furthermore, candidates will need subject matter expertise across a number of key areas relating to planning activities and operations and delivery.
As a Head of Planning, the post holder will work as part of a dynamic team in delivering an effective service supporting managers and staff across the systems to deliver an effective annual operational and strategic planning process.
The post holder will develop effective strategy and operational policies for promoting innovation across Cluster and Sector. Working closely with colleagues across the sector, ensuring coherent strategy and will:
• Drive the strategy for, supporting and ensuring alignment across the system
• Drive reform and support organisational change and uptake of initiatives that support excellence
• Develop and communicate the vision for the role of innovation, and the development of strategy and operational policies to support this vision
• Identify examples of national and international best practice
• Support development by developing the innovation infrastructure and capacity in organisations
• Develop and champion new initiatives or projects as necessary
• Working with providers and clinical experts to design new training products
• Provide expertise of best practice methodologies regulatory requirements, policy imperatives, innovation and technological developments and stakeholders knowledge.
• Responsible for the delivery of an effective annual operational and strategic planning process for systems aligned between the component parts of NHS England and Improvement (NHSEI) for the region
• Link with all National and Regional Leads to continue to develop a consistent and integrated approach between NHSEI to planning for systems
• Attendance at national planning meetings to contribute and influence the outcomes for planning
• Build and maintain good working relationships across NHSEI on a range of business sensitive issues
• Lead as the expert on planning, developing integrated systems and managing effective working relationships across that system
• Drive and challenge each key working relationship to be innovative, to address challenges and achieve agreed planning objectives
• Develop communication and cascading of messages and information sharing between national, regional and local leads related to the planning process