An exciting opportunity has arisen, supporting a large healthcare organisation as a Deputy Director of Primary Care.
The role is fully remote working, on an interim basis, for 6 months.
The post holder will be accountable for the day-to-day coordination of GP primary care services. Main Responsibilities:
The ideal candidate will have:
- Act as an integral part of the senior leadership team, with broad areas of responsibility to ensure the provision of effective primary care services;
- Set high performance standards for service delivery, and monitor and report on progress against these standards at regular intervals;
- Work with the Place based primary care teams to ensure that our primary care transformation programme delivers the ambitions set out in the local primary care strategy, Health and Care Partnership Strategy and any policy direction;
- Provide subject matter expertise that links the contractual elements of primary care with the wider transformation ambitions of the organisation, ensuring that they can put in place safe and effective methods for commissioning primary care services;
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with partners and other external bodies (regionally and nationally), and use these relationships to continually improve service delivery and to promote the communities;
- Hold accountability for the budget of the relevant area and ensure compliance within financial accounting and audit obligations, including following due processes in respect to procurement of resources. This includes service line budgets and programme budgets;
- Deputise for and represent the views of the NHS Alliance Director responsible for the primary care portfolio as required in local, system and regional forums and meetings;
- Provide strategic leadership for the provision of primary care services;
- Manage a team of over 10 staff encompassing workforce development, primary care contracting, primary care delivery and primary care transformation;
- Provide leadership in the implementation of the Primary Care Strategy and Primary Care Strategy Refresh, including supporting the provision of the Primary Care Programme Board;
- Lead on the execution of service and system change initiatives (including efficiency plans) relating to the portfolio of services within the remit of this post;
- Support the successful undertaking of responsibilities associated with the delegation of primary care services including supporting the provision of Primary Care Commissioning Committees;
- Convey highly complex and contentious information to a broad range of stakeholders.
- Significant experience of primary care commissioning;
- Experience of working at a senior level in the NHS, or other Healthcare organisation;
- Demonstrable knowledge of NHS policy and strategy;
- Track record of leading the successful planning and delivery of commissioning and contracting;
- Substantial experience of performance managing contracts;
- Full understanding of the use of performance indicators in contract management;
- Demonstrable success in leading major change projects involving multiple stakeholders;
- Track record of change management and system redesign.
For further information on this role please contact Donna Larder on 0161 241 9674 and send a copy of your CV to email@example.com