An exciting new opportunity has arisen to work for an NHS organisation who are seeking to appoint a Deputy General Manager – Emergency Department / Acute Services, for 6 months.
As this is a key position within the organisation, candidates must have significant General Manager experience, or equivalent management experience within an acute hospital setting.
The role is based in the East of England and will be remunerated under the NHSI Agency Caps at Band 8c.Key responsibilities will include:
The ideal candidate will have:
- Deputise for the Deputy Director, leading and inspiring the staff within the ED/ Acute Services to deliver an amazing service for patients;
- Provide robust day to day managerial leadership;
- Deliver the directorates required operational requirements, including key performance indicators and relevant national and local standard of performance;
- Conduct business planning, including the development of a directorate five-year strategy, annual plans and business cases, in addition to financial planning;
- Ensure clear systems are in place for the sound governance of the directorate;
- Actively participate in the Senior Manager On Call (SMOC) Rota, and make critical decisions unsupervised, which will affect patient flow through the hospital at night/weekends;
- Delegated responsibility for the delivery of all clinical and technical services within the department, in line with relevant national and local standards;
- Take a lead role in service improvement and development, implementing change to ensure key corporate, national and local targets are achieved within agreed timescales;
- Work with the leadership team to develop and implement the performance framework and hold lead clinicians and team leaders to account for delivery of their objectives;
- Support Clinicians to deliver service re-design projects that deliver improved clinical outcomes for patients, reduced waiting times and more efficient use of resources;
- Develop and implement patient pathways to ensure that the patient has the best clinical outcomes.
- A master’s degree or equivalent experience;
- A management qualification;
- Experience of working with external agencies and representing an organisation at senior level;
- Understanding and prior experience of financial management, including previous responsibility for a budget;
- Experience of working within a multi professional environment and achieving objectives through leadership, facilitation, and negotiation;
- Knowledge of aspects of clinical governance and the application at clinical directorate level including an understanding of the application of the CQC domains;
- The ability to develop and propose new ways of working to meet the needs of changing national agenda’s and in line with current thinking across all Medical Specialties.
If you are interested in the role, please send a copy of your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your availability.
If you do not receive a response within 72 hours of receipt, please assume that on this particular occasion, your application did not meet the client’s requirements for this specific role.