An exciting opportunity has arisen, supporting a large Healthcare organisation as a Corporate Governance Manager.
The post will be working fully remotely, although will need to travel to site to pick up the equipment based in the South East Coast. The post will be for 6 months initially working on a band 7 – 8a dependant on experience (inside IR35 working through an umbrella company).
The post holder will be responsible for the efficient and effective operation of the organisation’s formal committee meetings.Main Responsibilities:
A successful candidate will have:
- Ensure that the organisation operates to the highest standards of good corporate governance, that the Governing Body and other decision-making groups operate to the highest standards of public values of
- openness, integrity, accountability, honesty, and leadership;
- Make certain that the organisation complies with all relevant legislation and guidance regarding corporate governance and the conduct of formal business;
- Responsible for preparing agendas, collating, and distributing meeting papers in accordance with agreed deadlines;
- Attend, take and prepare the formal minutes of the organisation’s Board and Sub Committee meetings, as required;
- Responsible for preparing the programme of forward business matters arising from previous meetings for each committee serviced and ensure action arising is dealt with appropriately;
- Use own initiative to prioritise and manage daily tasks to ensure the efficient functioning of the committee serviced in order to meet necessary deadlines;
- Liaise with communications team to publish dates and papers of public meetings and relevant papers on the organisation’s website, notice boards and also to external stakeholder groups;
- Support the Chair in acting as host to members of the public during public Board meetings and deal with any matters arising, some of which may be politically sensitive and see these through to their conclusion with minimal direction;
- Process correspondence, reports, minutes, and agendas to a high standard of presentation (using Microsoft software) and in line with organisational guidelines and agreed timescales;
- Responsible for ensuring the business of the committee serviced is planned and that papers are dealt with by the most appropriate committee, and in the most appropriate way;
- Contribute to performance improvement, taking a lead for identified areas where agreed;
- Manage the process to review and develop corporate policies. This will include maintaining an active list of policies and working alongside senior managers to ensure they are kept up to date and reviewed appropriately.
- A degree level in relevant subject or equivalent level qualification or experience of working at a similar level in specialist area;
- Must have experience within the NHS/ a Healthcare setting and strong understanding of the public sector policies and procedures;
- To hit the ground running and have expertise within formal committees, risk management and conflict of interest;
- The ability to prepare and produce concise yet insightful communications for dissemination to senior stakeholders and a broad range of stakeholders as required;
- Experience of creating and giving presentations to a varied group of internal and external stakeholders.
If you are interested in the role and have the above skill set, please do send a copy of your updated CV along with your availability to Ria Healy on firstname.lastname@example.org