An exciting opportunity has arisen, supporting a large Healthcare organisation as a Corporate Governance Manager, working on a band 8a.
This is an interim post for 6-9 months to cover maternity leave, working part time 3 days per week based in London.
The post holder will work closely with the Director of Governance/Company Secretary to ensure compliance with the statutory governance and regulatory requirements of the organisation, including the organisation’s Constitution and Annual Report, in line with relevant law and legislation.Main Responsibilities:
A successful candidate will have
- Update and maintain a Register of Interests for Directors and Leadership Team;
- Ensure that the relevant committees review their terms of reference, that a record is kept of the dates of appointment of Trustees and Board committee members and that the Nominations and Remuneration Committee are advised in good time of expiry dates;
- Support the Director of Governance/Company Secretary in providing Corporate Governance information and expertise for the Annual Report and statutory submissions to the Charity Commission;
- Participate in Trustee induction and training, including providing material for online briefing papers;
- Make certain that governance information on the organisation’s external website and internal intranet is accurate and up to date;
- Undertake relevant research regarding statutory and regulatory requirements and prepare briefing documents for the Director of Governance/Company Secretary. Notify the DoG/Company Secretary when such requirements change from time to time and propose amendments to the organisation’s practice as a result;
- Under the direction of the Director of Governance/Company Secretary, draft and update organisational policies as required;
- Monitor the organisation’s Board Assurance Framework and in particular ensure that the Organisational Risk Register is up to date and relevant to the needs of the organisation;
- In conjunction with the Director of Governance/Company Secretary, plan meeting and business schedules for Board and Board committee meetings;
- For Board committees, when acting as secretary, provide support including agreeing the agenda with the chair of the committee, ensuring that relevant items are on the agenda and that papers are written and delivered in time for publication to members at the time required by the committee schedule;
- Publish or supervise the publishing of Board committee papers (the agenda, minutes and supporting papers as appropriate) for relevant meetings;
- Advise the chair during meetings of any issues arising from interpretation of the Royal Charter, byelaws or other rules governing meetings of or decisions made by previous committees.
- A degree, or equivalent relevant experience;
- Evidence of continuous professional development and/or continued willingness to learn;
- Previous relevant experience in a corporate governance environment;
- Extensive administrative or management experience at a senior level;
- Proven experience of servicing high level committees and taking minutes;
- Sound knowledge of corporate governance;
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in a clear, concise, and effective way to trustees and committee members, staff, and managers at all levels.
If you are interested in the role and have the above skill set, please do send a copy of your updated CV along with your availability to Ria Healy on firstname.lastname@example.org