An exciting opportunity has arisen within a large NHS Organisation who are seeking a Clinical Quality Manager.
This is an interim post for 6 months, working fully remotely until the New Year – some potential on site travel may be needed to various sites in the Northwest on an ad-hoc basis.
This is a band 8a post working inside IR35.
To support and advise on the development of the clinical quality agenda within the organisation.Main Responsibilities:
The ideal candidate will have:
- Assist Senior Management with Patient Safety to develop and embed the clinical quality, patient experience and safety agenda;
- Responsible for professional leadership and development of improvement strategies within for Quality Governance Assurance, Clinical Risk Management and Clinical Audit;
- Ensure readiness and compliance against the relevant requirements of the Care Quality Commission and other accreditation bodies;
- Carry out ad-hoc site visits for Quality Improvements and follow up with reports;
- Develop, support, and maintain a culture of peer support and learning though critical evaluation and review of service delivery and performance;
- Investigate incidents and complaints, providing reports and recommendations;
- Ensure all clinical services, policies, procedures, and guidelines reflect current practice and are in date, recorded and maintained within a database.
- Must be clinically registered with the NMC/or have previously been registered;
- An understand of current healthcare policies and procedures;
- Must have expertise working in a Clinical Commissioning environment;
- Excellent report writing skills/data analysis.
If you have the above experience and skill set, please send a copy of your CV in the first instance, along with your availability to email@example.com