This is a healthcare Public Health role based within the Cambridgeshire and Peterborough CCG, working across the wider health system. The role purpose is to provide strategic public health specialist leadership, knowledge base and technical support to ensure the CCG and wider system are driven by improving outcomes for patients, effective use of evidence, and adoption of best practice, innovation and evaluation. The post holder will work closely with professional and clinical leaders, patients and managers.
The post holder will:
- provide strategic advice on population health and clinical outcome improvement to the Cambridgeshire and Peterborough ICS and the CCG
- advise on effectiveness and efficiency to enable financial balance in the health system.
- ensure that strategic plans, and implementation of the commissioning improvement and assessment framework for the CCG are supported by the best available evidence
- identify priorities based on local need for improving health outcomes and tackling health inequalities
- cost effective programmes of work are in place to deliver improvements in outcomes and inequalities, with effective evaluation.
- Work closely with public health colleagues in the wider system
The CCG is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.