Woodrow Mercer are working with a CCG in the West Midlands to recruit an Interim Head of Primary Care and Place Commissioning on a 6 month basis, work from home, face to face once a week. Inside IR35.
The post holder will have specific responsibilities in relation to the following areas:-
- The development and contractual management of the integrated model of health and care as it applies in the relevant place.
- Management of the relationship with local general practice and the Primary Care Networks.
- Management of the relationship with local government.
- The post holder will support the development of the local place-based team, including those staff employed by, or aligned to the local Integrated Care Partnership/Provider, contributing to the management of its work programme.
- The post holder will be responsible for managing specific budgets linked to the commissioning portfolio.
- The post holder will line manage an administrator.
As a manager of people in the CCGs, the post holder must:-
- Be familiar with the CCGs’ range of health and wellbeing services. Encourage and support staff to look after their health and well-being, including the release of staff to attend health and wellbeing activities and interventions;
- Manage the health and safety of staff, including stress and ill health in accordance with CCG policies, procedures, legislation and best practice, seeking guidance from others where needed;
- Communicate the CCG’s purpose and direction. Set clear objectives to enable staff to see how their work contributes to the CCGs success. Be visible to your team, in person or via electronic tools, listening and responding to the views of team members;
- Provide staff with feedback on their contribution at work, coaching and developing them in their role;
- Appraise your staff regularly, supporting their personal development within the available resources;
- Ensure staff undertake mandatory and statutory learning at intervals detailed in the relevant CCG policies.