An exciting opportunity has arisen, supporting a large NHS organisation as an ICP Commissioning Manager.
The post will be home based, with in person meetings once a week in the West Midlands, initially on an interim basis for 6 months.
The post holder will be responsible for the strategic commissioning of services to improve the health
outcomes of the population, with specific responsibility for services within the scope of the Integrated Care Partnership. Main Responsibilities:
A successful candidate will have:
- Develop highly complex strategic and operational plans relating to commissioning programmes to improve the health outcomes of the population;
- Lead the business planning process for the transformational commissioning plans services;
- Develop local services to provide support for patients;
- Take responsibility for the management and evaluation of new and existing projects across the commissioning agenda;
- Ensure that all aspects of the commissioning process contribute to reducing the inequity of service provision;
- Research best practice and benchmarking information and use this to inform commissioning locally;
- Establish and support a range of networks, meetings and forums to ensure delivery under the key aspects of the strategy;
- Make decisions on a range of highly complex project issues where there may be more than one course of action;
- Responsible for interpreting national guidance as the expert in commissioning service;
- Develop tools to be shared across local agencies (health, social services, education, local authority including public health, voluntary sector) for assessing and responding to service need;
- Identify the different roles of those within the community, and build local alliances;
- Provide senior commissioning support to CCG contract and quality review processes including the preparation of information and any reports required to facilitate discussion at these meetings;
- Responsible for monitoring spend against commissioning plans for their commissioning portfolio;
- Prepare business cases for change that are properly constructed and costed.
- Provide and receive highly complex sensitive or contentious information to and from commissioners and providers where there may be barriers to understanding and agreement or cooperation required;
- Work with local communities to develop their capacity and enable them to participate in the formulation of commissioning plans and setting of priorities;
- Develop mechanisms to develop local service strategy and policy and share and implement good practice locally and nationally.
- A first degree or equivalent experience, plus additional experience in commissioning and specialist knowledge in management to master’s level or equivalent;
- Comprehensive knowledge of project principles, techniques, and tools, such as Prince 2 Foundation and Microsoft Project;
- Significant experience of successfully operating in a politically sensitive environment;
- Experience of reducing health inequalities;
- Demonstrable experience of co-ordinating highly complex projects in challenging environments;
- Demonstrable experience in a Healthcare environment preferably in a commissioning service;
- Proven experience in change management, and of managing and mitigating risk.
For further information on this role please contact Donna Larder on 0161 241 9674 and send a copy of your CV to email@example.com