Woodrow Mercer are working with a CCG in the West Midlands to recruit an Interim ICP Commissioning Manager on a 6 month basis, work from home, face to face once a week. Inside IR35.
The post holder will be responsible for the strategic commissioning of services to improve the health outcomes of the [Place] population, with specific responsibility for services within the scope of the [Place] Integrated Care Partnership. This will include the joint commissioning of services with [Place] local authority, including responsibility for CCG input to the Better Care Fund
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
1. To develop highly complex strategic and operational plans relating to commissioning programmes to improve the health outcomes of the Place population.
2. To lead the business planning process for the transformational commissioning plans services.
3. To develop local services to provide support for patients.
4. To take responsibility for the management and evaluation of new and existing projects across the commissioning agenda.
5. To ensure that all aspects of the commissioning process contribute to the reduction of inequity of service provision.
6. To research best practice and benchmarking information and use this to inform commissioning locally.
7. To establish and support a range of networks, meetings and forums to ensure delivery under the key aspects of the strategy.
8. To make decisions on a range of highly complex project issues where there may be more than one course of action to be responsible for interpreting national guidance as the expert in commissioning services.
9. To develop tools to be shared across local agencies (health, social services, education, local authority including public health, voluntary sector) for assessing and responding to service need.
10. To identify the different roles of those within the community, such as Clinical Commissioning Groups, as well as community groups and individuals and build local alliances across all stakeholders.