An exciting opportunity has arisen, supporting a large NHS organisation as a Head of Primary Care and Place Commissioning.
The post will be home based, with in person meetings once a week in the West Midlands, initially on an interim basis for 6 months.
The post holder will oversee the development and contractual management of the integrated model of health and care as it applies in the relevant place.Main Responsibilities:
A successful candidate will have:
- Deputise for the Managing Director across the full range of responsibilities;
- Manage the relationship with local general practice and the Primary Care Networks, alongside the relationship with local government;
- Support the development of the local team, including those staff employed by, or aligned to the local Integrated Care Partnership/Provider, contributing to the management of its programme;
- Responsible for managing specific budgets linked to the commissioning portfolio;
- Line-manage an administrator;
- Deputise fully for the Managing Director in promoting and supporting the objectives of the organisation, whilst managing complex and potentially emotive interactions and partnership arrangements with multiple organisations at a time of proposed major system changes;
- Work closely with GP clinical leads and representatives on the organisation’s governing body to ensure appropriate clinical input and advice for local initiatives;
- Review national planning guidance and lead the development of the annual place based operating plan;
- Provide, receive, and manage highly contentious, conflicting and sensitive information in relation to the commissioning agenda including the analysis and interpretation of this information and its subsequent presentation to relevant bodies, colleagues, patients, the public and external stakeholders including national organisations;
- Develop the commissioning vision for those services within the portfolio of responsibility;
- Ensure effective relationships with the Council, the local voluntary sector, police service, fire service, patient groups and other local stakeholders;
- Identify opportunities to rationalise commissioning arrangements and policies;
- Support the establishment of an Integrated Care Partnership/Provider and hold it to account.
- Identify opportunities for commissioning services from general practice through discretionary, non GMS routes and implement theses;
- Utilise appropriate research and development techniques to identify opportunities for innovation through the examination of local, national, and international examples of best practice across both public and private sectors.
- Significant experience at senior management level;
- Extensive experience of the commissioning process across all services and all elements of the commissioning cycle, including planned and urgent acute care, community, mental health and learning disability services;
- Substantial experience of delivering strategic level advice and guidance to senior managers and Directors at both Board and sub-Board levels;
- Knowledge of financial processes, budget setting and management.
For further information on this role please contact Donna Larder on 0161 241 9674 and send a copy of your CV to email@example.com