An exciting opportunity has arisen, supporting a large Healthcare organisation as a Head of Corporate Office.
The role will be working in Wales on an interim basis for 3-6 months initially, with the potential to extend. The role will be working on a band 8a, ideal with 1-2 days per week on site although would consider candidates for fully remote working.
The post holder will manage all corporate office arrangements to ensure the CEO’s Office operates efficiently and effectively in accordance with statutory regulations, and that there is appropriate stewardship and corporate governance of the business across the whole organisation.Main Responsibilities:
A successful candidate will have:
- Provide the specialist and expert advice on office management and business issues to the Chief Executive;
- Alongside the Assistant Director of Corporate Governance monitor the Office’s compliance with the law, UK and Welsh Government policy/guidance and the Health Board’s Standing Orders and associated corporate governance framework;
- Review and understand a wide range of documents, some of which will be highly complex, and advise the CEO/Board Secretary on the best course of action;
- Responsible for facilitating the smooth operation of the CEO’s formal decision and reporting processes such as the Executive Management Group (EMG) and Executive Team (ET), ensuring that minutes, registers, returns, and papers are completed and maintained appropriately, and that due diligence is applied to all transactions;
- Work closely with the Executive Director team in the delivery of their functions;
- Hold specific organisation wide responsibilities around the administration of systems for Health Board wide office and PA development policies/procedures;
- Provide support, guidance, and advice to the organisation on best practice in office/business management;
- Act independently, working to broad policies and strategies using own interpretation to establish how these are interpreted and advising the organisation on how these should be interpreted;
- Ensure decisions are made responsively and meet organisational objectives.
- Represent the CEO when resolving complaints, managing the web-based CEO discussion forum, using ESR, and quality assuring outgoing correspondence;
- Lead on maintaining an office environment and culture which improves health and safety;
- Provide expert and specialist advice on office/business management throughout the organisation at both a strategic and operational level;
- Establish and maintain business systems such as an external reports database and develop compliance and assurance reports, analysing, interpreting, and presenting data and information to be shared at national level.
- Must have experience within the NHS/ a healthcare setting;
- Effectively working within Corporate Governance with a strong understanding of policies and procedures;
- Significant knowledge and experience of governance leadership and management in an NHS environment;
- Significant experience of developing and leading teams, motivating and inspiring people to work together for common objectives;
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills suitable for a range of audiences;
- Strategic thinker and able to see the bigger picture.
If you are interested in the role and would like to discuss the location, please do send a copy of your CV in the first instance along with your availability to commence a new contract to email@example.com