An exciting opportunity has arisen, supporting a large Healthcare organisation as a Quality Governance Manager.
This is an interim post to start ASAP until the end of March 2022, working on a band 7. The most will be fully remote working with the occasional on-site meetings.
The post holder will support the organisations in the safe and effective delivery of the quality agenda for their populations. Main Responsibilities:
A successful candidate will have:
- Collect and analyse quality and safety data from a variety of sources on behalf of key staff;
- Co-ordinate the quality and surveillance monitoring;
- Support the relevant Head of Quality in the production of quality assurance reports for key committees such as Governing Bodies and wider surveillance meetings;
- Participate in and facilitate the effective running of the provider Clinical Quality Review Group;
- Support the Executive Director for Quality in ensuring delivery is aligned to the organisation wide Quality Strategy(s) and link with other leads to ensure communication and information sharing;
- Assist the quality team and the wider organisations to ensure that the quality and patient safety agenda is planned, managed, and delivered effectively;
- Develop and implement joint working plans with the provider to support recovery and transition and to deliver the quality and safety requirements of the contract;
- Work as a key member of the team as well as supporting effective communication and stakeholder management, both internally and externally.
- Must have experience within the NHS/a healthcare setting and within Quality Governance;
- Experience working within a clinical commissioning group;
- Confident with working remotely and able to communicate effectively within a team.
If you are interested in the role and have the above skill set, please do send a copy of your updated CV along with your availability to Ria Healy on firstname.lastname@example.org