An exciting new opportunity has arisen to work for an NHS organisation who are seeking to appoint a Deputy Board Governance Manager & Company Secretary on an interim basis for 6 months initially.
The post will be working in London with 1-2 days per week on site and the rest remote working. The role will be working on a band 8a inside IR35 (through an umbrella solution).
The post holder will be responsible for ensuring meetings of the Board of Directors, Council of Governors and the Executive Board run efficiently and effectively, complying with legal, fiduciary and other duties.Key responsibilities will include:
The ideal candidate will have:
- Lead on the effective functioning of the meetings of the Board of Directors and Council of Governors, including all associated sub-Committees;
- Prepare agendas in liaison with the Company Secretary, Chairman and Chief Executive;
- Draft comprehensive, accurate and detailed minutes in accordance with the standards outlined by the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators;
- Undertake checks of all Board of Directors and Council of Governors materials to ensure suitability in terms of both quality, consistency and appropriateness;
- Lead aspects of the organisation’s corporate governance and statutory compliance arrangements such as Bribery Act and Standing Order compliance;
- Ensure that the organisation’s website is maintained and fully up to date in relation to all aspects of the functioning of the Board of Directors, Council of Governors and corporate governance;
- Draft and implement Trust-wide policy documents;
- Responsibility for the issuing of meeting agendas and papers;
- Work on specific projects on behalf of the Company Secretary as required.
- Must have experience within the NHS/Healthcare setting;
- Experience within a Senior Corporate Management role, providing good governance;
- Skilled in managing projects and competing deadlines;
- Responsive to changing demands and able to perform effectively in a pressurised environment.
If you are interested in the role, please send a copy of your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your availability.